Sheriff: Suspects in Creswell shooting arrested in Arizona, Eugene

      EUGENE, Ore. - Both suspects sought after a shooting Monday night in Creswell are now in custody, the Lane County Sheriff's Office said.

      Police in Phoenix, Arizona, arrested 27-year-old Jessie Allen Long and impounded his vehicle, the sheriff said.

      Detectives identitifed a second suspect, 37-year-old Andre Marcelle Miller, and took him into custody in Eugene Wednesday night.

      Authorities booked Miller into the Lane County Jail on charges of Assault 1, Robbery 1, Burglary 1, Felon in Possession of a Firearm, Delivery of Marijuana, and Possession of Marijuana.

      The sheriff asks anyone with information about either Jessie Long or Andre Miller to call Detective Carl Wilkerson at (541) 682-2342.

      Earlier story

      CRESWELL, Ore. - Two men the sheriff described as armed and dangerous are wanted following an investigation into a man with a gunshot wound to the leg in Creswell on Monday night.

      The sheriff's office has only said Jessie Allen Long, 27, "has been identified as one of the involved suspects." He is wanted on warrants for first degree assault, robbery and burglary.

      The sheriff described a second unidentified suspect as a black male with short hair, 5-foot-6 to 5-foot-10, in his 20s or 30s who was last seen wearing athletic attire and a baseball cap.

      Detectives also said the men are associated with a blue-grey Oldsmobile Intrigue last seen in Creswell around 7 p.m. on July 29.

      Anyone with information about the whereabouts of Jessie Long is asked to call the Lane County Sheriff's Office at 541-682-4141.

      The sheriff said Long and the other man should be considered armed and dangerous. Do not attempt to contact them, the sheriff said.

      The identity and condition of the man with the gunshot wound is not yet known. The sheriff also has not described the circumstances under which the man is believed to have been shot, nor the kind of firearm involved.

      Deputies responded shortly after 9 p.m. Monday to Scarbrough Avenue after a 911 call.

      Detectives from the sheriff's office and Oregon State Police responded to interview witnesses.

      Photo of suspect vehicle